My last post was on my Highlights of 2013, and this one is looking at my Hopes for 2014.
So, what do I Hope for the year ahead?
- Significant birthdays: Both myself and Mr B have significant birthdays in 2014, mine in the worst month to have a birthday and Mr Bs in September. We’re planning a Ben Fest for his – a mini festival at home. For mine, I’ve already ordered my cake (chocolate for the record). Will I freak out? Will I finally feel like a grown up? Or will I just have a great time with people I love? I hope so.
- Fitness: Last year I joined the gym, and really enjoyed it. Over recent months I haven’t made the time to go as often as I would like, but with my renewed membership beginning in January I’d like to get fitter, not fatter.
- Health: Various members of my family have suffered some ill health. My Nan returned home the week before Christmas after being in hospital for 3 months. She’s frail but back. It makes me think of the quote ‘health is not valued until illness comes’.
- Cooking: I want to do more cooking instead of eating the same old meals. I’m going to experiment with new recipes in the kitchen. Hashtag Delia.
- Crafty: I want to do something creative and make things.
- New boss: When I return to work in the new year I will have a new boss. It’s someone who I admire and have worked with for a number of years; it’s someone who knows our service and someone who will be able to offer the whole team support. It all feels very positive.
- Job: I hope to still have a job at the end of the year.
- Family Information: I hope that Shropshire still has a Family Information Service which isn’t purely online but which reaches the most vulnerable families.
- Online: I’ve felt that I’ve been a bit quiet online over recent months. I hope to be able to witter on twitter and blog again.
- Study: I’d like to do a course and do some formal learning.
- Skills: have I been deskilling myself? What are my skills? Do I need to find out what I’m good at again. I’m not sure what that is at the moment. I hope I can find out.
- Kindness: I hope for world peace, and if I can’t have that I just hope that people are kinder to each other. Life is too short to be horrid.
- Children: I hope that children feel loved, safe and are happy.
- You: I hope the things you hope for yourself and the ones you love come true in 2014.
Thanks for reading and have a great year.
Monday 30th December 2013